Sunday, May 26, 2013

Responses to "I only use local brokers"

  1. Bottom line, I don't care if I am sending you smoke signals from Alaska as long as I make you money. 90% of business today is done over the phone or the internet. You've ordered Italian and Chinese food over the phone haven't you? Then you have done business over the phone. Believe me, it wont be long before we meet face to face and you start sending me real money, for now start small on my firms minimum.


  2. (Firm) has the ability to show you certain situations that your local broker just because of his geographical location is unable to bring to you. Let's face it, (firm) is in the middle of the financial universe not the heart of a shopping center!


  3. Have you ever flown in an airplane (prospect)? Did you know the pilot? Did you know that there are over 50,000 moving parts in an airplane? Anything can go wrong at any given time and your very life is dependent upon the ability of a person who you've never spoken to. You don't know what he did the night before, in fact, you probably didn't even know his first name did you? All I am asking you is for one vote of confidence, give me a shot! If it doesn't work out, I wont ask you for another trade but when I come back to you in three months and the stock is up, I want you to tell me where our relationship goes from there fair enough?


  4. Do you think I am on Wall Street because I want to be? If it didn't matter, I would be doing business from the beach in Tahiti. Why would I want to spend a fortune to buy an apartment in the financial district and pay NY state and city taxes? I am here because I have to be. Information is king and nothing happens on Wall Street without me knowing about it! Pick up the (shares) let me introduce you to my world OK?


  5. I can respect that and you might be happy with the 15% on your money your local broker is showing you, but I have clients in your area that felt the same way. At first we started small, now they're some of my biggest clients. Believe me, they don't work with me because I sound good, its because I make my clients money!


  6. If I were sitting behind my desk looking at you eye to eye would the idea make more sense to you? Look I like to do business eyeball to eyeball as well, but sometimes to work with the best you have to go out of town. I am not asking for serious money. Don't dive into this investment head first, just stick your big toe in the water on my firms minimum.


  7. (Prospect) with all due respect, I am on Wall Street. I don't just have my fingers on the market's pulse, I am part of it. Information passes through my office and by the time it gets to your broker in (prospects location) it is not news, its ancient history!


  8. (Prospect) at risk of being brash, I will say something you will eventually appreciated. I am not here to be your friend or have breakfast twice a week with you, although I might enjoy it. I am here to make you money and show you performance- that is the reason I must be in Manhattan and at the heartbeat of the financial universe. Let me have that one opportunity to show you the performance that you deserve. You will not regret it!


1 comment: