Saturday, May 25, 2013

Responses to "Think About It"


  1. When then, I assume you want to think about it in order to reduce the risk of making the wrong decision, whether its to go ahead or not, isn't that right? Would you agree that the length of time you think about it is not the important part? (Prospect) the reason we called you is because you are a successful business man. If I'm reading you right, your prime concern is to be as certain as possible that you make the right decision, regardless or whether you think about it for two weeks or two minutes. You're concerned about doing what's right, aren't you?


  2. That's fine (prospect). Obviously you wouldn't waste your time thinking it over unless you were very interested would you? Since you are interested, can I assume that you will give it careful consideration? (Prospect) you're not telling me this just to get rid of me, are you? Just to clarify my thinking, what is it that you wanted to think about, is it the integrity of the (firm)? Is it my integrity? Is it that (stock) trades well below book value?


  3. You and I both know the best time to make a decision is when the facts are fresh in your mind. Now, I just went through a very thorough presentation that you yourself agreed makes sense. Pick up the (shares) and allow me to showcase my talents in a way you have never seen before.


  4. I can appreciate that you want to think about this, but please remember we get paid for our thinking. Before we ever shared this recommendation with you we did extensive due diligence on (stock's) financial statements, balance sheets, and their management. We know this company inside and out. Our decision to accumulate the stock at this price was reached very carefully. WE do not buy stock haphazardly by any means. At this pricing and timing we can achieve substantial results, and by not working on our timing it could work against you. Now, lets pick up (shares) and investment of (price) due over the next week. You judge me on my information and timing, you will be very impressed!


  5. Wouldn't it be nice for once in your life to get there ahead of the major institutions? I'd like to start a relationship wiith (firm( and buy (shares) or (stock).


  6. (Prospect), when you from (firm), we've already made a decision not only as to the value of this investment but also to the timing. These are the only two requirements you have to satisfy to be successful whether you buy antiques, paintings, real estate or any other investment. To be successful all you have to do is get a good value and buy at the right time. Certainly you understand that (stock) is a good value. In terms of timing, if (firm) felt that we could make this investment 30 days from now, we would have called you 30 days from now. The timing on (stock) is such that we cannot over look opportunity today at these levels.


  7. I want you to think about it, very hard! I especially want you think about the results. Clearly the decision to buy (stock) is not a major decision. This company is clearly undervalued. (Prospect) I am asking you for a business decision here. The question is not whether or not this is a good company or whether this is the time to buy because clearly we spend more time to get the right answers than even our institutional clients do. The decision is to give us your trust and confidence just this one time.
  8. I am certain you see that this investment, from a logical standpoint, makes sense. However, I think emotionally you cant make a commitment now right? When do you thin most mistakes are made? When people act logically or emotionally? Now act logically and pick up the (shares)


  9. You are a business man, I am a business man. I am sure you would find that most of your business decisions are made when the ideas are fresh in your mind. I would rather see you own less at the right price, then more at the wrong price!


  10. That is great, but let me reiterate there is nothing you are going to find out about this company that we have not already found out. We have spent extensive time researching this particular stock. Like I told you before, I don't come to you with an idea every other week, respect me for that. I only call my clients 5 or 6 times a year with an opportunity like this. If I cannot answer any question you have about this stock, don't buy it. I do this for a living sir. You know your business; I would never tell you how to run your company. Believe me, this is my area of expertise. I want you to own the stock on my pricing and timing and my research. That is why my clients retain me. The time its going to take you to research this company only to find out what I already know, you are going to pay higher for this stock. Own the stock here, give me the shot to show you what I am all about, give me 60 to 90 days and believe me, you will be very impressed!


  11. (Prospect) it seems as thought you reaction is very common with new accounts and referrals. I mean, lets fact it, we have been following (stock) for six months and you know of me for 60 seconds. But this is the same type of conversation we had with many of the new accounts on an earlier recommendation this year of a company called (companies name). We gave this recommendation to all the new accounts and referrals here at the firm and aside from being a good earnings story, we were hearing the company was up for a sale. In less than 2 weeks from when we started recommending (company) they were bought out by (buying company). Our clients literally made a fortune and those who chose not to participate missed out. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment